- PRODUCT SPECS
Manufacturer CISCO SKU GROUP-213014 Marketing Information
- Cisco's industry-standard Gigabit Interface Converter (GBIC) is a hot-swappable input/output device that plugs into a Gigabit Ethernet port/slot, linking the port with the fiber-optic network. GBICs can be used and interchanged on a wide variety of Cisco products and can be intermixed in combinations of IEEE 802.3z- compliant 1000BaseSX, 1000BaseLX/LH, or 1000BaseZX interfaces on a port-by-port basis. Furthermore, Cisco is offering a 1000BaseLX/LH interface that is fully compliant with the IEEE 802.3z 1000BaseLX standard, but has the ability to go up to 10 km over single-mode fiber, 5 km further than garden-variety 1000BaseLX interfaces. As additional capabilities are developed, these modules make it easy to upgrade to the latest interface technology, maximizing investment protection.
- The WS-G5487, 1000BaseZX operates on ordinary single mode fiber optic link spans of up to 70 km in length. Link spans of up to 100 km are possible using premium single mode fiber or dispersion shifted single mode fiber (premium single mode fiber has a lower attenuation per unit length than ordinary single mode fiber; dispersion shifted single mode fiber has both lower attenuation per unit length, and less dispersion).
Description 1 x 1000Base-ZX Module Type GBIC Module Application/Usage Data Networking Height 0.4" Width 1.2" Depth 2.6" Compatibility
- Catalyst 4000
- Catalyst 5000
- Catalyst 6000
Fiber Mode Supported Single-mode Product Name 1000Base-ZX GBIC Interfaces/Ports Details 1 x SC 1000Base-ZX LAN Limited Warranty 90 Maximum Data Transfer Rate 1 Gbit/s Maximum Distance Supported 327888 ft Alt Part No WSG5487 Product Type GBIC Additional Information
- The WS-G5487 1000Base-ZX GBIC provides an optical power budget of 21.5 dB.
- GBIC Channel Insertion Loss:
- Transmitter output power (minimum/maximum): 0/4.77 dBm
- Receiver maximum input power: -3 dBm
- Receiver sensitivity: -23 dBm
- 50 micron MMF: N/A
- 62.5 micron MMF: N/A
- 9 micron SMF: 21.5 dB
- Wavelength: 1550
- Maximum Number of GBICs Per Platform:
- Catalyst 4000:
- - 12 to comply with EN55022 Class B and FCC Class A.
- Catalyst 5000:
- - 12 to comply with FCC Class A.
- Catalyst 6000:
- - 12 to comply with EN55022 Class B.
- - 24 to comply with FCC Class A.
Shipping Weight (Approximate) 13.60 oz NSN Part Number 7.03E+12 SKU UNSPSC 43222600 SKU UPC 7.46E+11
Details1 x 1000Base-ZX
Write Your Own Review