- PRODUCT SPECS
Manufacturer Nortel/Avaya Manufacturer Part Number AL4412E01 SKU GROUP-115631 Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet Flash Memory 32 MB Marketing Information The BayStack 380-24T Switch has 24 10/100/1000 Mbps auto-sensing ports and four SFP (Small Form Factor Pluggable) GBIC (Gigabit Interface Converter) ports. It provides high-density Gigabit connectivity to power-user desktops for high-speed applications such as graphics, multimedia and CAD/CAM, as well as server farm aggregation. Ports 21 through 24 may be configured as either 10/100/1000 BASE-TX ports or SFP GBIC ports in any combination. The BayStack 380-24T is ideal for mid-size and large businesses that have a need for high bandwidth to the desktop. Description 24 x 10/100/1000Base-T Height 2.8" Width 17.3" Depth 12.8" Brand Nortel Certifications & Standards
- Safety agency approvals:
- Electromagnetic emissions summary:
- FCC CFR47 Part 15, subpart B, Class A
- IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T (ISO/IEC 8802 3, Clause 14)
- IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX (ISO/IEC 8802-3, Clause 25)
- IEEE 802.1p (Prioritizing)
- IEEE 802.1Q (VLAN Tagging)
- IEEE 802.1D Spanning Tree Protocol
- IEEE 802.3z 1000BASE-X specifications
- IEEE 802.3x Flow Control (with 802.1D compliant device)
- RFC support:
- RFC 1213 (MIB-II)
- RFC 1493 (Bridge MIB)
- RFC 2863 (Interfaces Group MIB)
- RFC 2665 (Ethernet MIB)
- RFC 2737 (Entity MIBv2)
- RFC 2819 (RMON MIB)
- RFC 1757 (RMON)
- RFC 1271 (RMON)
- RFC 1157 (SNMP)
- RFC 2570 (SNMPv3)
- RFC 2571 (SNMP Frameworks)
- RFC 2573 (SNMPv3 Applications)
- RFC 2574 (SNMPv3 USM)
- RFC 2575 (SNMPv3 VACM)
- RFC 2576 (SNMPv3)
- RFC 2572 (SNMP Message Processing)
Expansion Slot Type GBIC Product Name BayStack 380-24T Ethernet Switch Input Voltage
- 110 V AC
- 220 V AC
Manageable Yes Management
- On-box management:
- Network management begins with the device. The BayStack 380 Switches support four groups of Remote Monitoring (RMON) on all ports and are SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) compliant. The SNMP agent software resides in the switch and uses the information it collects to provide management for all ports providing comprehensive network monitoring capabilities.
- Web-based management:
- Web-based network management makes managing the BayStack 380 Switches easy with a Web browser. This feature provides summary, configuration, fault, statistics, application, administration and support pages for the switch. The Web interface also allows for static configuration of numerous parameters of the device.
- Fault management and resolution:
- With Optivity Network Management System, the network manager has quick access to the information required to manage and isolate all BayStack 380 networks' events. Tools such as Physical Topology View inform the network manager of how a particular event is affecting the physical connectivity within the network. End Node Locate tool provides the ability to locate a failing end node and, with one mouse click, you have access to the RMON statistics for the failing Ethernet port supporting that end node. These solutions provide visual and statistical tools necessary to quickly resolve any network event or to manage performance in real-time.
- Configuration management:
- The process of configuration begins with a single device but finishes across multiple devices. Java-based Device Manager is the configuration tool for those functions that require communicating with a single device. However, Device Manager uses a common user interface and workflow that supports many Nortel Networks Ethernet Switches. This commonality allows the network manager to become familiar with one tool instead of many.
Management Port Yes Media Type Twisted Pair Alt Part No AL4412E01 Model 380-24T Network Technology 10/100/1000Base-T Product Type Ethernet Switch Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports 24 Number of Total Expansion Slots 4 Additional Information
- Performance specifications:
- Frame Forward Rate (64-byte packets): Up to 35.7 million packets per second (pps) maximum
- Port Forwarding/Filtering Performance: For 10 Mb/s: 14,880 pps maximum
- (64-byte packets): For 100 Mb/s: 148,810 pps maximum
- For 1000 Mb/s: 1,488,100 pps maximum
- Address Database Size: 32,000 entries at line rate
- Addressing: 48-bit MAC address
- Frame Length: 64 to 9,216 bytes (IEEE 802.1Q Tagged)
- 802.1p Priority classification: Four (4) hardware-based queues
- Flash memory size: 32 Mbyte
- Data rate:
- 10Mb/s Manchester encoded, 100 Mb/s 4B/5B encoded or 1000 Mb/s 8B/10B encoded
- Common software platform:
- All BayStack switches, including the BayStack 380, have a common "look and feel" which reduces training costs. This allows the switches to be managed in a similar fashion via a broad set of management tools. These tools include Webbased management, Java-based Device Manager, menus, Optivity Network Management System (NMS), and Optivity Switch Manager (OSM).
- With connectivity to the BayStack 10 Power Supply Unit (PSU) paired with a -48V DC-to-DC converter module, the BayStack 380 Switches deliver redundant power supply support crucial in missioncritical environments. Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) capability for BayStack 380 Switches is supported with the BayStack 10 PSU.
- Spanning Tree Protocol:
- BayStack 380 Switches include built-in support for Spanning Tree Protocol IEEE 802.D) which detects and eliminates logical loops in the network.
- VLAN support:
- Up to 64 port-based VLANs can be established for each switch to extend the broadcast domain and segment network traffic for greater efficiency.
- Port Mirroring:
- This feature, also known as Conversation Steering, allows you to designate a single switch port as a traffic monitor for a speci-fied port for ingress or egress.
- 802.3x High Speed Flow Control:
- This feature allows you to control traffic and avoid congestion on the gigabit fullduplex link. If a receive port buffer becomes full, the switch issues a flow control signal to the device at the other end of the link to suspend transmission.
Port/Expansion Slot Details 4 x Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot Product Line BayStack SKU UNSPSC 43222612 SKU UPC 7.04E+11 Standard Memory 16 MB Total Number of Network Ports 24
Details24 x 10/100/1000Base-T
Write Your Own Review